Jerah was a success.
“Fucking Alderaan!” Jerah, Dharus privateer recruited into the Renegade Squadron. Human, residing in the Forest of Endor when not on covert ops. Or “co-op missions…who needs quinoa??”
(Jerah is a name I stole from a college friend.)
A very good place to start (the beginning):
I have a Hair High. It’s like a Bump It, only it’s a dollar.
I wove my own hair into a black wig and pinned the dreads I’d made all over it – it was hot and heavy, alllll night long…
Way more fairy than Star Wars :/ But from head to toe:
- My pirate queen coat with a Renegade Squadron and Dharus patch, tea-dyed canvas and shiny dress shirt fabric sewn onto a bustier – and a pocked from a pair of cargo shorts on one breast
- belt from Blue Moon, opium pipe from Hank, respirator from 3M, grommets from corset I never finished glued on the side
- plain black leggings with one leg of another pair “garted” with the drawstring from the cargo shorts, and a pocket from the cargo shorts sewn on the side
- good ol’ stompy boots with polar fleece stuff wrapped around the calf, corduroy strips around the sole
- arm warmers from Shibari
- machete knife tied to my thigh with aforementioned drawstring
- I blacked my teeth out. I’m surprised every time by the reaction I get from people – overwhelmingly disturbed (they are).
- dog tag and bullet from Alchemy and Lamplighters
- L’Oreal Plumage lipstick, orange eyeshadow, bronzer and so forth – oh, and turquoise mascara sweeping my eyebrows straight up
- Lando’s Emerald Wine – pairs with braised nerf! I was quite proud of that bottle.
It works every time! I forgot to take a picture of it before it got drunk up, it was white wine (blech) with green food coloring, a la ambrosia…like I said. Aaron got it.
I do love the Whig, the bartenders can be really fun. We did shots of Emerald Wine
There was even a costume contest that I didn’t know about. I didn’t want to participate – I just…feel weird, but I got dragged up there, and I won!
That wasn’t even the best part. I loved when they announced the winners, “…Tim* for Android Warhol and Michele…for…being…Michele!!”
I even got a PRIZE! Gift certificate to the store I got the coat from.